Amelia Simmons’s Apple Pie2015-11-26
Cost : N/A
$: 0-20$$: 21-40$$$: 41-60
- Yield : 1 pie
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 sticks of butter
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of nutmeg
- 10 apples
- 1 egg
1. Begin by skinning apples and cutting them into smaller pieces and let them stew by placing them inside a pot with boiling water.
2. Add sugar (1/2 cup), nutmeg (2 tablespoons), and cinnamon (2 tablespoons) for flavor.
3. Keep apples boiling for approximately ten minutes until apples become soft.
4. Use three cups of flour, three sticks of butter, two eggs, and a small amount of sugar to create the basis of the crust in a separate dish.
5. Continuously whip the ingredients into one homogeneous mixture.
6. Using dry flour on the dough and any surface the dough will come in contact with, roll the dough into one large and thick (around half an inch) piece.
7. Line the dough on the pie pan, bottom and sides, with around 2/3 of the dough made.
8. Carefully pour stewed apples inside the pan lined with dough.
9. Next cover the pan with the remainder of the dough, making sure there are no spaces missed.
10. Place entire pie in oven, at four hundred degrees, and bake for approximately thirty minutes.